Thursday, April 25, 2013

“Not Alone at McCormick”: A Reflection

By: Tracy Turner
 
OK, so they look kind of like ghosts, but they are not! This is my interpretation of Christ the King on the Cross, flanked by two convicted criminals. I’ve always found comfort in this Chapter of Luke as well as this iconic image. As sad as this chapter reads, it gives us who believe in the risen Christ the assurance that we are not alone! I enjoyed attending the evening worship service on Monday, it was a great ending to a good workday. There was a small but attentive crowd. The staff who worked to put this together was in good spirits and ready to worship. Things didn’t proceed as planned, however with good humor and faith we eventually came together.


I’ve always been one to add my  ‘touch’ to things and leave my spirit for others to join me in prayer or worship; so when there is an opportunity to express my artistic nature (no matter how unskilled it looks) I’m always willing to take part.


The flyer that promoted this event said, “Let Us Worship Together”; this says to me that no matter what your circumstance, no matter how tired you feel, nor how busy the world is around you…know that you are not alone.  There are always eight, ten or 20 souls willing to gather together, and if not, one or two can call upon the presence of Jesus and he will attend. I would like to encourage the OSA team to continue to work in creating space for worship, play and fellowship. Matt. 18 says; 19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” I could go on about my experience Monday night however; I feel that my painting says it best.

No comments: